Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Pivot Block. Session A.

BW - 228

Waist - 43.25"

5-3-0 Tempo Squat - 225X4, 4 @6

DB Paused Incline Bench - 55sX8, 8 @6

Flexed Arm Knee-to-chest - BWX5, 5 @~8.5

Cable Paused Closed-Grip Rows - X8 @6.5

BB Curls - 60X10, 10 @8

Conditioning - Rower; HIIT; 20 seconds; 7 rounds

First session back from our big annual camping trip.  This trip was...a lot.  Recovery definitely not on point, and so happy to only have pivot sessions to deal with this week.

Because of the DOMS generated by regular training coming out of the last pivot cycle, I'm making some changes to how I program pivots.  I had to do some of it on the fly because I didn't get it done prior to my trip.  Now that I've had some time to work on it, I shorted Squats by two sets here, so I'll up Squat assistance on other days.

Everything else was fine.  Took a lot of sets to find my work weight for DB Inclines.  Don't think there was anything else to note.

Only took video of the last squat set.


No comments: