Thursday, July 25, 2019

Pivot Block. Session B.

BW - 226

Waist - 42.75"

5-3-0 Tempo Bench - 135X4, 4, 4, 4 @~6

Split Squat w/ Chains - 55+35X6, 6, 6, 6 @6

Trap Bar High Handle Split RDL - 135X6, 6, 6 @6

Flexed Arm Knee-to-Chest - BWX5, 5 @~8

BB Curls - 60X10, 10 @~8

Conditioning - Rower; HIIT; 20 seconds; 7 rounds

Solid little session.

As always with pivot blocks, one of my objectives it to find ways to "practice" or otherwise prep for anything rather novel that may be happening in the following block.  Give me the opportunity to sort of grease the groove on different grips, ROMs, etc.  Squatting with chains is one of those novel things, so I took this opportunity to start seeing what setting them up is like.  I've seen it done often enough both live and on video, that I had a good idea  of how to do it.  I think it went pretty well, and will feel confident setting them up for regular squats next week. 

Trap Bar Split RDL are just another way to find single-leg Deadlift assistance.  Weren't quite as awkward as I expected, but....weren't NOT awkward either, lol.

Took video of the last set of each of those movements.



No comments: