Monday, March 4, 2019

Block 3 (Transmutation). Cycle 6. Session A.

BW - 216

Squat -
275X7 @6.5
315X3 @7.25
330X3 @8.5
277.5X7, 7, 7 @~7.5

CG Bench -
160X6 @6
167.5X6, 6, 6 @7

Plate Deficit Deadlift -
232.5X7 @6
245X7, 7 @6.5/7

Oof.  What a bad idea.  Wife and I took the day off and went out for a big, late breakfast.  This was my second time recently trying to go train after something like that, and it was terrible.  I gave myself and hour buffer between finishing eating and getting to the gym, but I still felt bloated and low-energy.

This impacted Squats the most of all.  Maybe because it was the first lift, or maybe because it was the heaviest.  Frustrating, because it indicates a regression in e1RM, and this late in the cycle that could be true, but because I decided to train under drastically different conditions, I really don't know, and will have to wait until next Squat session to see what's happening.

Close-grips still went up in intensity at target RPE.  However, as a % of comp, this is the 2nd week in a row that the lift's progress has dropped off, which may presage a drop off in comp progress.  Still not sure if I'm measuring something useful there.

Deficits continue to progress fairly linearly.  However, opposite of close-grip bench, it seems to be progressing more than the comp lift.  Still circling the value of these comparisons.  I suspect what I want, long term, is to identify supplmental lifts that perform at a predictable % of the comp lift, and progress at a fairly 1:1 ratio.  To what ever degree that is measurable and predictable, I imagine I am in the earliest stages of tracking it. 

All video is of top sets and final work sets.




No comments: