Thursday, November 1, 2018

Transmutation to Accumulation Pivot Day 4.

BW - 218

Bench - 195X5, 5 @~7

CG Bench - 155X12 @8

Belt Squat - 130X7, 7 @7

GHR - BWX5, 5 @7

DB Rows - 80sX8, 7 @7

Moving "comp" lift to first in the session order.  Bench ended up coming in about 7 lb.s under target weight, but I'm also being conservative.

When I used to do close-grip bench, my offset was about 80%.  I dropped 80% off my bench work weight, but upped RPE to 8.  I didn't do the math ahead of time, but 12 reps is right on target for that 155/(195/78.6%)=62.5%=12@8. 

Ended up getting more reps at my target weight than expected.  I believe that's wholly a function of a still-very-novel movement.  However I need to watch this on squat movements through this block as I'm trying to let my quad strain heal up and higher-rep sets are probably not the best idea, as it pushes the total volume back up.  Need to really hone in on that 2X4-5 @7.  I should have stopped the first set of 130 and upped the weight.

Haven't done GHR in forever.  Medial hamstrings at the knee weren't loving this, but hopefully a little SRA will help with that.

Belted up for the DB Rows as I've had issues here and there with these in the past, and it's also been forever since I did them.

Only took video of the bench sets today.


No comments: