Monday, September 10, 2018

HLM. Week 6. Day 3.

BW - 227

Safety Squat - 270X5, 5, 5, 5

Press -
150X1
120X5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Deadlift -
350X1, 1, 1
320X5

Going to try tracking RPE "feels" after sets, so that I can compare them to "bar speed" RPE from the video.

Last set of SSB felt @8.  Video says @ 6.  Started dialing-in a new cue to "keep my triceps in my lats" on these.  Felt like upper back looseness was making it difficult to keep my chest "up" coming out of the hole. I believe the lower arm position caused by this bar makes it less natural to keep the upper back muscles tight.  Trying to push my triceps into my lats to open my chest up, and that seemed to help.

Top set of Press felt @9.  Video says about the same.  Was hoping this weight wouldn't feel so tough.

Last back-off set of Press felt @ 8.5.  Video says about 7.5.  These were all fairly easy, so my rating was probably due to keeping rests between back-off sets at 2 minutes or less. 

For the DL, I rated both the first and third top-sets @ 7.5.  Video definitely says they're at about the same speed.  Not sure about RPE.  May need to film my last warm-up set in order to get accurate bar speed RPE for singles.  These all felt smooth, and relatively easy.


For the back-off set, it felt @ 7.  Video says about 6.5.

No comments: