Friday, July 21, 2017

Novice LP. Session 40 (Greyskull Squats and Press)

BW - 226

Press - 122.5X5, 5, 9

SLDL - 190X5, 5, 5

Chin-Ups - BWX5, 5, 4, 4
super-set with
Dips - BWX12, 12, 12

122.5X9 is a Rep PR in Press.  Had to "get up" for it a bit, and also pre-plan how I was going to break the reps up into sections i.e. 3 reps, extra breaths, 2 reps, breaths, 2 reps breaths, 1, breath, 1.

Decided to do SLDL for the first "DL" day back from my vacation.  I will start throwing this in occasionally as necessary if my low back is feeling to fatigued for regular DL.

Used the belt on Press, but wasn't sure if I needed it for SLDL.  My back felt a little wonky on the first set, so I belted up for the next two.  The weight isn't heavy, but trying to keep to form perfect is dicey as I haven't done these in a while.

Had just been doing dips on this day, but through in some more chins to try and help balance out the shoulder work.

No comments: