Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Novice LP. Session 38 (Greyskull Squats and Press)

BW - 224

Press - 120X5, 5, 9

Squat - 330X5, 5, 7

Chin-Ups - BWX5, 5, 5

Good day.  Belt helped a lot with both barbell lifts.

Reset Press to the Greyskull protocol and 120X9 is a Rep PR in Press. If I hadn't known it would take 9 for a PR, I wouldn't have gotten there.  Last rep is maybe the slowest rep I've ever put overhead.

Low-back is feeling much better.  330X7 is a Rep PR in the squat.  6 would have been a PR, but I felt like I could get 7 going into this set, and planned my 'breaks' accordingly.  3 reps non-stop, 2 reps, 1, 1.  Still getting forward a bit coming out of the hole on some reps, but by keeping a more upright torso, I'm fixing that a bit, and some of these reps look damn near perfect despite the relative intensity.

Because I did a ladder up on chins the day before as part of a conditioning circuit, today I just tried sets of 5 across.  Still mulling over how I want to progress these going forward.

No comments: