Friday, January 27, 2017

Texas Method Team Training. Week 9. Volume Day

BW - 226

Squats - 305X5X5

Press -
115X5
127.5X5
122.5X3X5

Deadlift - 240X10X2

Squats went pretty well.  Technique felt a little off here and there.  Not sure if it was focus, fatigue, intensity, or other.  Didn't get a full night's sleep the night before.

Press was a shit show because we had the wrong weight written down and so the first set was too light.  Then I mis-loaded one side of the bar on the second set.  Got straightened out for the final three sets, and they were fine.

Speed deads are taking increased mental focus to do correctly as the intensity goes up.  My takeaway this day was squeezing the bar.  I'm pulling these all double-overhand, and I could feel the difference in how strong the reps felt if I bore down on my grip as hard as I could.  Something to try and carry-over to mixed-grip, high-intensity sets.

No comments: