Friday, October 7, 2016

Texas Method Team Training. Week 2. Volume Day

BW - 221

Squats - 260X5X5

Bench - 180X5X5

Deadlift - 185X10X2

Coach had me working on contracting my abs harder to try and help out with the hip/low-back issue.  It worked, BUT on the 3rd rep of my 3rd set of squats, something went POP under a rib on the left side.  Nothing terrible, but made it so I couldn't keep contracting my abs that way.  All I could do was laugh.

Bench went really well.  Tightening up the technique even more.  Today the focus was on staying super tight, up on my traps, and not relaxing at all when I took a breath between reps.  It made the breathing harder, but the lifting stronger.

My hip/low-back thing was bugging me on Speed DL as well.  We tried lowering the starting position for my hips just a bit, and that helped.  We'll have to see how that handles on intensity day.

No comments: