Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Novice LP - Session 2 (coached)

BW - 222

Squat -
BarX5
95X4
135X3
175X2
205X1
235X5, 5, 5

Bench -
BarX5
85X5
125X5
155X5
170X5

Deadlift -
135X5
185X3
225X1
260X5

2nd session with my coach.  I was out of town all last week for work, and this weekend for a wedding, so we had a big gap between 1 and 2.  I'll be lifting 3 times a week, with 1 session being live coached each week (for now).

Squats and Deads were all good.

Looking at Bench for the 1st time, the set-up is quite different from anything I've done before.  My feet are straight under my knees, and there is no current emphasis on leg drive, or really anything happening below my ribcage.  My grip is all the way out to pinkies on the rings, and I'm tucking a bit less and touching a bit higher.  My coach said I'm tending to let the bar get out of alignment and drift towards my feet on the way up, which sounds awful.  Happy to start getting that fixed.

3 comments:

John said...

Hey.. where did you find the coach?

Nealstar said...

He works out of my gym. I'd seen him coaching others, and also watched his own training. We'd chatted a few times, and when I decided to go this way he seemed like a good and convenient fit.

John said...

Great..I'll be reading to see how the progress goes. Good luck.