Friday, October 2, 2015

Coached Training

BW - 216

Squat - worked up to 230X5

Press - worked up to 120X5

Deadlift - worked up to 260X5

P.T. cleared me to do all three lifts.  To give myself a more fixed goal for my rehab, I've decided to do a full meet (my first) that is being held at my gym in March.

Because of the low back issues, I felt now was as good a time as any to get live coaching, particularly on the Squat and Deadlift.  This was a first, get-to-know-each-other session.  I'll be out of town next week, and then we'll start in earnest the Monday after that.

Programming seems that it's going to follow a pretty typical, Texas-style linear progression.  That's fine.  It's having an outside set of eyes on my technique under heavy load that's important to me so I don't reinjure myself.

No comments: