Monday, September 12, 2011

BLAB Log: Week 8.Day2

Agile-8

BB Squat Warm-up - 45X5, 65X5, 95X5, 135X6

BB Squat - 160X6, 170X4, 185X10

Split-Squat Jumps - BWX20Sec.X3

DB RDLs - 45sX12X3
super-set with
Plank Shoulder Touches - BWX12(each arm)X3

I had to go straight from this to rehearsal so I cut out the Speed Skater squats from the end in order to make sure my legs were still functional.  Unfortunately, I ended up mostly standing in one spot all rehearsal, so I could have gotten them in.  Better safe than sorry, I guess.

185X10 Squat PR.  Last time I did that weight, I took it for 5 reps and threw my back out.  This set makes me feel very good about the decision to restart my training with this program after that injury.  HOWEVER, I did try to pull my elbows down hard on one of the 170 set, and felt pain in my mid-upper back.  It faded, but important to note.  For now I can keep my elbows down without having to over-do it.

Haven't done RDL's in a few months, and my hamstrings are still quite sore.  I know that's bad old habits kicking in though.  I'm going slow on the eccentrics for no reason, and suffering the DOMS as a result.

Another take-away from this session:  First time I've gone back-to-back days on this program.  No apparent drawback to having this squat day right after bench day.  Good to know as I'll be in rehearsal through the rest of this program.

No comments: