Tuesday, September 6, 2011

BLAB Log: Week 7.Day 2

Agile-8

Kneeling Jump - 5X5, 5X5, 10X5, 25X5, 25X5

BB Squat Warm-up - 45X5, 65X5, 95X5, 135X5

BB Squat - 155X7, 165X5, 170X10

Hip Thrust - BWX15X3
super-set with
Stability Ball Plank - 45sec.X3

DB Rear Lunge - 40X12X3

Kneeling Jumps holding 25lb. plates!  By God, if I can do these with a full plate, I may switch to trying them with a bar on my back.  Crazy.

Jefit says 175X10 is a PR for the Back Squat.  Very cool, but here's a funny question.  Because of the maxes I came in with, I'm scheduled to do 210X1 as my last squat of the program.  If I make that with room to spare, I'm supposed to "add some weight and do another single."  Well right now, my max projects to 235, and it's got 5 weeks to go up between now and the last squat day of the program.  Now I wasn't allowed to set a new Squat Max on this program until last week, and I've only just been trying to set them.  I had a 1lb. max increase last week and then a 7lb. increase this week.  I've been steadily doing this with my bench throughout the program and it jumps 1-4lbs. a week.  They say squats take bigger weight jumps than the bench.  Now, these are all PROJECTED maxes based on weight/reps, but if I continue to set new maxes in the squat to the tune of 4lbs. a week, then my max in that last squat day could well project to be 255.  So if the programmed 210 goes up like a peanut, do I just slap upwards of 45lbs. on the bar and take another squat?  I think that sounds like a bad idea.  If that's where I'm at, I think I would be better served be doing multiple sets of 10-20lb. increases and seeing where I stall.  What do you think imaginary readers?

On another note, doing super-sets of BW elevated hip-thrusts and swiss ball planks, while a guy is Deadlifting 10 ft. away make a person feel like a puss.  Whatever.  I'm doing the program and setting PR's in all my lifts.  I know it, even if nobody else does/cares.

No comments: