Thursday, December 23, 2021

Block 18 (Exploratory). Cycle 5. Session B.

sRPE @7
BW - 218

Press -
130X4, 4, 4 @8/9
122.5X4 @~8

Chin-Ups - 
BWX7 @8
NG Density; 1 rep every 0:15; 5:00 / 20 total reps @8
Machine Pullovers - X15, 12 @8/10

Toes-to-Bar - BWX6, 5 @8/10

DB Curls (myo-reps) - 40sX12, 4, 4, 4, 4 @~10

Everything was a little blah today.  The TRAC system in the RTS app says I should reduce volume by 1 set on each movement in my next session.  I usually don't take that advice, especially if sRPE is more-or-less on target, but it might be a good idea.  Especially since next session is Squats, it's on Christmas Eve, and I have to go in the morning because the gym is closing early.  Yeah...

First and third sets of Press with 130 felt really good.  Form felt really locked in, but RPE still crept up on that 3rd set, so I dropped back for the fourth.  Still an outside chance I could hit a 4X4 PR at the end of the block.

Everything around my shoulders was feeling run down after Press so I focused on stopping chins @8.  That ended up being a couple reps less than last week, but that's fine.  My tentative rule was that if I drop in reps on the main set, that I add reps on the density work, and so I added 0:30/2 reps there, and that was fine.  Also added a set to the pullovers, but that was planned for this week.

At this BW, 1X6 is technically an e1RM PR on TTB.  Still can't get 2X6 which is the PR I wanted.

Upped weight on DB Curl myo-reps, but had to scale the reps back.  Will probably drop back in weight next week.

No comments: