Monday, November 25, 2019

Pivot Block. Cycle 1. Session C.

BW - 227

Waist - 43"

sRPE @ 7

3-2-0 Tempo Deadlift -
255X4, 4 @7
260X4, 4 @~7

Single-Leg Hack Squat -
20X8, 8 @~8
10X8 @~9

NG DB Bench - 55sX15 @8

RG EZ Curls - 50X15, 15 @8,9

Odd session.

Tempo always takes a while to get used to, especially a new tempo, so I was fine with it being difficult to get the tempo pulls dialed-in.

And I also know that Hack Squats can be pretty tough, especially relative to Leg Press.  I did NOT expect them to be "almost hitting failure with 10 lbs." tough.  My left leg in particular seemed to kind of hate these.  I tried staggering which leg I started with, but it didn't seem to make much difference.  Not really looking forward to doing these again this week, but kind of curious what full hack squats are going to be like next block.  I'll be doing them for myo-reps, and right now I'm thinking it will be fairly looooow weight.

Neutral grip DB bench, keeping the elbows close to mid-line throughout, is meant to be pivot assistance for Dips.

Trying out some reverse grip curls because my right brachioradialis has been kind of achy during the prior block from chins.  Seeing if some more direct hypertrophy work for it while I'm not doing chins will help when I bring them back next block.

No comments: