Friday, February 23, 2018

Greyskull LP. Session 25

BW - 231

Press -
152.5X3
137.5X8, 5

Chin-Ups - BW; 30 Reps; 8 Sets

Squats -
370X5
335X7, 5

152.5X3 and 137.5X8 are both Rep PRs on Press.  I think a 4th rep would have been there at 152.5, but I let the bar get out in front of me too far and got on my toes.  Pretty clear in the first video.  The set of 8 at 137.5 was also RPE 9.5 or so.


On Chins, I got a couple more reps, and one less set than last time.  Progress.

No PRs on Squats.  I've I'd been paying attention, I might have gone for a 6 rep PR on the first set.  I've been starting to feel a little beat up by Squats, and my form was getting bad (bad bar path and bad depth).  Today I made a game time decision to switch to the same phase that Press is in:  Top set followed by AMRAP @ 90% and another set of 90%X5 for volume.  Knowing I would only have one set at 370, I really took my time.  Focused on bar path and depth.  I'm feeling like the days of toying around with these advanced novice LP strategies like Greyskull are coming to an end for the Squat, and I will need to move back into some intermediate programming very soon.  I've managed to stretch it out almost a full year on Squat and Bench, so that's not too bad.


No comments: