Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Greyskull LP. Session 22

BW - 227

Bench - 210X5, 5, 8

Chin-ups - BW; 28 Reps; 8 sets

Deadlift - 360X5

210X8 is a Rep PR on Bench and a 3X5 LP PR.  RPE 10 thanks to the spotter pushing me to get that last rep.  No video, but this was a max effort, one arm locks out way before the other, slooooooow PR.

More reps AND sets on chins on this day.  Mostly used my least favorite chin-up station in the gym (wobbly stand and has smooth, large diameter grips), so might have beaten the total reps in fewer sets at a better station.  Whatevs.  Volume uber alles.

360X5 is a Rep PR on Deadlift.  4 reps would have been a PR, but I was determined to get a 1X5 LP PR.  Similar to how I've been handling the Squat, I really took my time on these instead of trying to "blast" through them.  While that made the initial reps maybe feel a little slower, I think it helped the later reps.

No comments: