Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Novice LP. Session 55 (Greyskull Squats and Press)

BW - 229

Bench -
225X5
202.5X5, 5

Squat - 365X5, 4

225X5 is a Rep PR on Bench.  Nice milestone.  Reps were all pretty smooth, and got in some leg drive without my butt coming up.

365X5 is a Rep PR on Squats.  Weight was shifting off my heels a bit again today, and so the bar was drifting forward at the bottom of the movement. I believe that was taking a bit of a toll on me.  The 4th rep on the 2nd set felt like such a grinder, I didn't go for a 5th.  Also, my low back is still a little dicey.  I was going to go for a 3rd set, but realized I was supposed to be somewhere in 30 minutes, so I cut if off there.

I will revisit 365 on my next squat session.  If I run into trouble on it again, I will start progressing the first set and drop back to 90% on the 2nd and 3rd, with AMRAP on the 3rd.

No comments: