Monday, September 11, 2017

Novice LP. Session 54 (Greyskull Squats and Press)

BW - 230

Press - 140X5, 5, 5

Chin-Ups - BWX7, 5, 4, 3, 3, 3
super-set with
Dips -
BW+25X8, 8
BWX17

Negative Chins (0/0/4) - BWX4, 4

CG Pulldowns - X8, 8, 8

I tweaked my back in the shower in the morning, and decided not to squat this day.

140X3X5 is an LP PR.  Needed 6 for a Rep PR, and that clearly wasn't happening.  Wasn't even sure 5 would be there for me after the first two sets.

Since I wasn't going to squat, I decided to obliterate lats and throw in some dips as well.

230X7 on Chin-Ups is actually a BW Rep PR.

BW(230)X17 is a Rep PR, and BW (230)+25X8 ties a Rep PR on Dips.  Last reps on 2nd weight set, and BW AMRAP set were all tough.

Getting a nice, full stretch on the negative chins.

To really pile on, I did some close-grip pulldowns to the sternum at a bodybuilder pace.  Straight weight for the first two sets, and then took off ~10% for the last set.  The combination of all this work had my rear delts in particular, and my upper lats and triceps in general, sore all weekend.

No comments: