Monday, August 21, 2017

Novice LP. Session 49 (Greyskull Squats and Press)

BW - 226

Bench -
220X5
197.5X5, 5

Deadlift -
360X3
320X3

Chin-Ups - BWX7, 5, 4

220X5 is a Rep PR on Bench.  I should probably start filming these at some point.  RPE ~9.

360X3 is a Rep PR on Deadlift.  1st rep got in front of me a little bit, and my grip was starting to give a little on the last rep.  I don't remember ever having a grip issue on DL.  Considering how much chin-up volume I'm doing, I would have thought grip was covered.  But now that we're getting well past BW+100, chin-ups at BW + DL once every 2 weeks may not be enough stimulus to the grip.  Something to start thinking about.
Back-off set felt very strong.  Not quite speed work, but fast.

No dips today.  Was ready to get out of the gym, so just hit some chins.

2 comments:

John said...

Great work.. you are definitely getting stronger!

Nealstar said...

Thanks! Progress is fun!