Thursday, August 3, 2017

Novice LP. Session 44 (Greyskull Squats and Press)

BW - 228

Press - 127.5X5, 5, 7

Squat - 330X5, 5, 8

Chin-Ups - BWX9, 5, 5

127.5X7 is a Rep PR in Press.  RPE 9.75.  First two sets were difficult, but I took my time with the 3rd set and hit all 7.

330X8 is a Rep PR in Squat.  Technique looked pretty good on the first two sets, and I felt confident going into the 3rd.  Still took my time, and by the last rep I was still sucking air from the pressure on my back, but I could have gotten at least one more with a gun to my head.
BWX9 is a strict chin-up PR!  I ended up shooting the shit for a while with a guy at the gym after squats, and ended up having a fairly long rest.  I wasn't looking for a PR here, but once I started it felt strong enough to go for it.  Getting 5 on both sets 2 and 3 is pretty good too.  Besides the extra rest before I started the first set, I have no idea where this came from.

No comments: