Thursday, June 9, 2016

Hybrid Training. Week 0. Light Lower and Long Slow "Run"

BW - 227

Tuesday:
Squats - Up to 255X5

Wednesday:
Fast Walking - 60 min.

Back felt like shit beginning with 135 on my 2nd warm-up set.  By the time I got to 255X5, I had to call over a spotter just in case.  I re-set to the empty bar and tried to work back up.  I got to 255X1, and shut it down.  Super frustrating.  All I can think right now is the weird pulsing I felt during the heavy RDLs on Friday were a sign of something that then got aggravated.  I keep swearing off RDLs for this very reason, but they were in the program so fuck it.  If things feel okay by my next heavy lower day, I will try subbing in light deadlifts.

Day 6 on the program is supposed to be an LSR (long-slow run) starting off very sub-pace and at race distance and increasing to 60-90 minutes.  Because my Tempo Run was the slowest I could possibly run, I just did a 60 minute brisk walk.  My back felt great afterwards.

No comments: