Saturday, June 8, 2013

LRB 365: Off-Week Training. Press

BW - 191

Press -
BarX20
65X5
85X5
95X5, 5, 5

DB Press - 20sX20, 17

DB Rear Delt Flyes - 15sX23, 18, 16

Bench Dips - BWX25, 20, 15, 15

I'm gonna take the off week between cycles to do some of the stuff from the upcoming LRB Split cycle.  I'm going to leave out most of the Big-3 and do a mix of the lighter weight body-building style movements, and the movements that I'm less familiar with or haven't done in a long time.  I'll generally cut these short by a set or two compared to the actual cycle programming.  This is supposed to be an off-week after all.

Forgot how much I love standing OHP.  This weight isn't exciting for me, but I just feel awesome standing and pressing weight overhead.

I sat for the DB presses though.  Mixing it up, boyee.

Rear delt flyes are actually one of the movements I've done most in my life.  In high-school and again in my mid-20s when I started fucking around in the gym, I always used to focus really hard on shoulder training.  And yet this movement has always felt awkward as hell.  Still does.

Bench dips felt ridiculous after all the full BW dips on the Conditioning cycle.  Ha, probably should have gotten more than 25 for all that though!  Something to shoot for on the upcoming cycle.


No comments: