Thursday, August 4, 2011

BLAB Log: Week 2.Day2

Yesterday:

DB Squat Jumps - 50X6, 60X6, 70X6, 80X6

BB Squats - Warm Up (Bar, 95, 135) 155X7, 165X6, 175X3

Back Extensions - 25X12X3
superset with
Weighted Twists, feet-up - 25X15X3

1 Mile Run - 9:54

It's been two weeks since I threw my back out, and squats are still making me nervous. And yet I got the prescribed %'s with no pain. Still, my back felt tight all day beforehand just like the day I hurt myself. I tried to make it release by rolling an MB up and down between it and a wall, and maybe that helped. (However the wall turned out to be the back of some un-anchored lockers than I pushed over. Luckily no one was in the "women's dressing room" when that happened. Owner says I'm the third person to do that. The gym has been open for 40 years. Great.) My back felt tight all morning today, but now it's on the left side. Hopefully this is just some imbalances working themselves out, but I'm going to do more light-weight warm up sets anyway and really try to make sure my form is locked-in before I do my work-sets.

I forgot to write down my time for the 1-mile run last week. I was supposed to beat it this week. All I know is that it was over 10 minutes, so I busted my ass and got it done in 9:54. So woo-hoo, except last week I had my gym bag on with that giant hard-back of the new Game of Thrones book inside. Obviously I should be able to beat that time without the extra weight. Nevertheless, the workout really took it out of me, and I have felt run-down all day today.

Anyway. This is my first post on the blog that was supposed to be about theatre and cooking, and this post is about the 5th session of a 12-week weight training program. Guess you gotta start somewhere.

No comments: