Friday, August 18, 2023

Mid-Rep Volume PRs. Bench and Pivot Session C.

sRPE @6.5
BW - 221

Bench - 
215X1 @6.5
235X1 @8
190X9, 9 @8/9

Behind-the-Back 1-Arm Cable Laterals - X13, 13 @~10

GHR Sit-Ups - 
BW+10 (on chest) X8 @9
BW (hands behind head) X8, 8 @~8

Roman Chair Squat - BWX11, 10, 10 @9/8

190 for 2 sets of 9 is a Volume PR on Bench, and my stretch goal for this block.

BTB Cable Laterals are my choice for fucking around with the hot new BB trend: Long-ROM Partials.  Great delt pump.

I always do GHR sit-ups with my hands on my chest.  I forgot how much of a difference it actually makes to put them behind my head.  I can't tell if the additional tension is more from that weight being moved further from the hinge, or from the longer stretch on the abs.

I've worked out at this gym for over a decade and never once used the Roman Chair for BW Squats (only for rear-foot elevated split squats).  These seem like a solid, low stress quad movement!

No comments: