Monday, September 20, 2021

Block 16. Quick Recap.

 Solid block.

Average sRPE ended up being ~6.5.  I was targeting 7, but I also had two sessions get split out into 4 smaller sessions for occasional group training with friends.  That being said, aches and pains from training were very minimal, and there were none that made me have to alter my training plan.

As has been usual with this approach, I started hitting Rep and/or Volume PRs around mid-block.  The glaring exception to this was Bench.  I did get a 3X10 PR, but the 3rd set was near-maximal.

This was block 1 of 2 focusing on Curls, Bench, Deadlift, so I'm hopeful that "the way is prepared" for some Bench PRs next block.

I started tracking a "maxi-total" in Block 13.  That is the combined peak e1RM for each of the 8 lifts I consider my benchmarks: S, B, D, P, Chins, Dips, Curls, TTB.  That block I posted a 2255, but then Block 14 was a pretty crap block for me.  I started digging out last block with mixed results, but now have climbed back up and hit a new high of 2380.

Inner-cycle, week-to-week improvement after week 1 was solid at an average of 8.3%, but inter-cycle from the end of the previous block was even better with an average of 5.8%.  That's by far my best cycle-over-cycle improvement since I expanded tracking beyond the powerlifts.

This block was best for:
Curls: 9.5% increase inner-cycle; 14.25% increase inter-cycle; 9 Rep PR
Deadlift: 8.5% inner-cycle; 14.1% increase inter-cycle; 3 Rep PR
Chin-Ups: 11% inner-cycle; 4% inter-cycle; 9 Rep PR
Dips: 5.4% inner-cycle; 7.6% inter-cycle; 1/6/10 Rep PRs

This block was worse for:
Toes-to-Bar: 2% inner-cycle; -1.67% inter-cycle; 3X4 PR
Bench: 6.5% inner-cycle; 2.3% inter-cycle; 3X10 PR

No comments: