Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Block 16. Cycle 7. Session A.

BW - 219
sRPE @6.5

Curls -
80X9, 9 @8/9.5
Slower Eccentric - 65X9 @10 

Press - 160X1 @10
DB Laterals - 30sX14@10

Squat - 385X2 @9

GHR - BWX15, 16 @8.5/9.5

As is common in the last week of a training block, I find myself dropping volume a bit and reaching for some stuff for fun.

80X9 is a Rep PR on Curls.  Did a couple of those and then did more of a "bodybuilding" backoff set with a slower eccentric to failure.  Dropped the 4th workset I'd been doing.

Decided to max Press.  This was nice because it both indicated a slight increase in 1RM over the prior week's estimate and was almost EXACTLY what I estimated e1RM to be at for this week.  I don't usually get in my head about the difference between RPE based E1RM and "actual," but it was nice to see this.  The rep was a real grind.  Been a while since I'd done one of those.

Dropped the high-rep back-off set, and just did one AMRAP on laterals instead of two sets.

Worked up to a heavier double on Squat than I've been doing in this block to see what that was like.  This is my heaviest sqaut since I did a 387.5X1 @8.25 in November of last year.  This seems like at least slight improvement over that.  Interestingly, that training block also had Session A's that went Curls, Press, Squat.

Also dropped the back-off sets of 10 on Squat.  I had it as a possibility to do a 3X10 Volume PR on this day, but that just sounded hard in a boring way, and not in a fun way.

No comments: