Thursday, February 14, 2019

Block 3 (Transmutation). Cycle 2. Session B.

BW - 212

Pause Squat (2 ct.) - 220X5, 5, 5 @7

Bench -
185X3 @7.5
165X7, 7, 7 @7/8

Deadlift -
300X3 @8
250X7 @6.5

Everything went fairly well on this day as I would normally expect for the end of the 2nd microcycle.  I had an extra day or two off before this session, so I was a little concerned that I would have lost some fitness, but it wasn't really an issue.

Pause Squats moved well, and ended up being a slightly larger than expected jump in weight.

Top set of bench was about where I expected it to be, but the back-off sets didn't increase quite as much.  All good.

Deadlift was a little tricky as it was feeling a bit heavy as I approached the top set.  Ended up getting the looked for weight, but it was minimum @8 (can't bring myself to write 8.25 yet).  Second week in a row of the back-off weight coming in a little under on RPE.  I'm still not comfortable adding an extra set at that rep scheme just to grab another 0.5 RPE, but for next week, I will look to have a smaller load drop for the back-off.

All videos are of top sets or final back-offs.





No comments: