Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Maintenance / Rehab Block. Week 9. Day 1.

BW - 229

Squat - 255, 265, 275X10

Bench - 245X1(0), 1, 1, 1, 1

RDL - 255X5, 5

Was out of town for a few days, so I backed up 10 lbs. on the Starr Rehab squats.  Went ahead and backed reps off to 10 as previously planned.  These were okay, but my adductor was kind of cranky throughout, and has been giving me discomfort ever since.  We'll see how it goes next time.  Finale set shown.

I was looking for doubles with 245.  I failed on my first attempt.  The first rep of the second set made it clear that doubles weren't happening, so I proceeded to complete 5 singles.  Will continue with 5 singles adding only 2.5 lbs. per jump until I can't get 5.  1st, 2nd, and final set shown.



Was training on an off-day and plan to come in two days in a row to get back on track.  So I didn't do any Chins or chin accessories.  I will do just those and Starr Rehab squats today.

Because the adductor was cranky and because of the lay-off, I was conservative with the RDLs and backed off 20 lbs.  If the adductor feels okay next time, I will jump back to the previous weight of 275.  If it then continues to feel okay, I may start pulling from the floor again.

No comments: