Thursday, July 12, 2018

Maintenance / Rehab Block. Week 7. Day 2.

BW - 224

Squats - 145, 155, 165X25

Bench - 235X3, 3, 3

Pull-Ups - BWX7, 4, 3 (14 total reps)

RDL - 245X5, 5

Pull-Downs (supinated) X10, 10, 8 (straight-weight; +~5 lbs. from last time)

Hammer Curls -
40sX5
30sX8, 8

Starr Rehab squats continue for the adductor.  These are now at the point where they are giving me a very intense low back pump that's making completing sets with perfect form very difficult.  Believe I will go ahead and drop to sets of 15 for a few sessions. Adductor still only feels "okay."

235X3 ties my previous 3 rep PR on bench, and I got it for 3 sets, so that's nice.  1st reps were strong on all sets.  Last reps on set two and three were "have to do everything right" reps. 

Pull-Ups were just okay.

RDLs were fine.  Tried to go double-overhand, but bar was starting to slip on the first set, and so I had to go mixed grip for the 2nd set.  I took these out of the rack instead off of the floor.  Not sure which I like better.  Out of the rack is easier on the sore adductor, but is awkward walking in and out.

Upped weight on pull-downs and the sets went pretty well.  Will try this weight again next time and see if I can get 10+ on all three sets.

Hammer Curls have dropped off a cliff the last few sessions.  Reps are literally going down every session.  So when I could only get 5 reps on the first set this time, I resolved to back off and add a set.  We'll try that again next time.  I'm sure this is mostly due to additional fatigue being present earlier in the session: 1) specific fatigue from the increase in pull-up volume and pull-down intensity, and 2) general fatigue from the Starr Rehab squats and addition of the RDLs.

No comments: