Thursday, July 5, 2018

Maintenance / Rehab Block. Week 6. Day 1.5.

BW - 224

Squats - 75X25, 25, 25

DB Inclines - 60s, 65s, 70sX8@~9

Pull-Ups - BWX3, 3, 3

RDL -
225, 245X6
255X7@~8

Hammer Curls - 40sX10, 8

Weird day.  Had to train on back-to-back days because I wouldn't be able to make it during the gym's limited, 4th of July hours.  So this became of a mix of things that I hoped: a) wouldn't be negatively impacted by the previous days session, b) or I didn't care if it would be impacted, c) and would possibly disrupt homeostasis in most of the major muscle groups without d) having a potential negative impact on Friday's "regular" training session.

So, Starr Rehab squats continue.  These were fine, but I also realized I think these are supposed to be increasing in weight set-over-set, so I'm going to start with that next session.

Since I'd done hard Pressing the day before, I didn't want to go for PR territory Bench on this day.  I opted for DB Inclines for sets of 8.  I haven't done them in a long time so I knew that I wouldn't be able to go hard enough to unduly stress the system, but I should be able to get enough tonnage to disrupt homeostasis. Titrated up, and 70sX8 is technically a PR.  Probably about RPE 9.5.

Just threw in 3X3 on pull-ups.  Last set was the only limit set, and that probably because of all the vertical pulling volume the previous day.

Tried out a set of DL with 135 to see how the adductor felt, and it didn't like them very much.  Realized I might be able to do RDLs and that turned out to be the case.  Made sure to keep my stance close and my feet pointed straight forward.  Haven't done these in a long time, either, and they used to really give my low back trouble.  But I use a belt now, and these seemed okay.  Titrated up to an AMRAP set at ~RPE 8.  Low back was vulnerable feeling the next day, but that may have just been DOMS from lack of pulling.  1st and 3rd sets shown.


No comments: