Friday, October 13, 2017

Novice LP. Session 63 (Greyskull Squats and Press)

BW - 227

Bench -
235X3
207.5X5
212.5X4

Squat -
390X2
350X3
315X5

Chin-Ups -
BW+15X5, 5
BWX6, 5

235X3 is an all-around PR on bench.  I mis-loaded one side of the bar on my first back-off set.  Gonna go right ahead and blame that for missing the 5th rep on on the second back-off set, haha.  Top set felt pretty good.  Probably RPE 9.5.  I'll go ahead and go up again next week and see what happens with the various sets.  Final back-off set shown in the 2nd clip.


390X2 is an all-around PR on Squats.  Worked really hard on warming-up my adductors today to see if I could lessen the discomfort I've been dealing with.  I'd say it felt about 50% better.  Lots of dynamic stretches and empty-bar warm-ups.  Still, my mental game just felt a little off heading into the work sets, and nothing felt locked-in.  The 2nd rep of the top set felt pretty fucking hard, so I didn't go for a third.  First back-off set still felt off, so I also cut that short at 3.  Final back-off set was fast.  Bar path and technique generally look really good in the video despite everything.



242(BW+15)X5 is a Rep PR on chins.  These felt pretty good, and the BW back-off sets felt very strong.  Video is of 2nd weighted set.

No comments: