Thursday, June 8, 2017

Novice LP. Session 28

BW - 224

Bench - 205X5, 5, 5

Band-Assisted Chins - OrangeLightBandX7, 6, 6, 5

Took a week off from Squats after hitting 365X3.  Was stoked for that PR, but my low back was feeling hammered all the time, and unracking/reracking the weight was getting painful on every work set.  I'm going to reset starting this week with the Greyskull LP on Squats (2X5, 1XAMAP).

But the regular LP is still working on Bench.  205 for 3 sets of 5 is another LP PR.  The last rep on the last set was really, really tough.  My spotter complimented me on pushing through for it.  I chalk it up to keeping focused, and executing each part of the lift correctly.  A technical error would have definitely caused a miss.

Couldn't find my usual band for chins, so I used an orange one.  Orange isn't on any of the band charts I've found on line, so I don't know how it might compare to my usual, red band.  It looked a little bit wider.

Whatever the case, everything went as programmed, except I missed the last rep on the last set.  So I'll repeat this one next time.

No comments: