Friday, June 16, 2017

Novice LP. Session 31 (Greyskull Squats)

BW - 227

Bench - 207.5X5, 5, 5

Squats - 295X5, 5, 9

Band-Assisted Chins - BW+RedLightBandX7, 6, 6, 6

207.5 for 3X5 on Bench is an LP PR.  Strained my left pec a bit squeezing out the final rep.  May be time to switch over to top-set plus back-offs.  I'll Press next session, and plan on doing back-offs on Bench the following session.

295X9 is a Rep PR for Squats!  Conditioning felt a little bit better.  I could have gone for 10 here, but I knew 9 was a PR and my low back had been bothering me on warm-ups, so I didn't push.  Probably not the end of the world, but as my conditioning improves I should try to push on days when my body feels okay.  Here's the final set:

Got the 6th rep on the last set of chins that I missed last time.  Found the band I'd been using, but these actually felt harder across the board.  I think the pec strain was just fucking with me.  I'll go for sets of 7 across next time.

No comments: