Monday, September 19, 2016

Hybrid Training. Week 10. Heavy Lower

BW - 226

Squat -
up to 317.5X5, 5
247.5X6, 6

Deadlift - 247.5X5, 5

Hanging Legs - BWX8, 8, 8

Not great but not terrible.  My heaviest, consecutive sets of 5 was with 325 on the Novice LP back in January, but it took me three sessions of trying to hit that before I finally did.  After that, I switched to the TM and never did multiple heavy sets of 5 again.

Obviously, I'm not stoked about being about as strong in September as I was in January.  That's not progress.  It seems pretty clear that the higher rep work I did in March, April, and May likely didn't set the table for me to recover from meet prep and roar back to be stronger than ever.  Not sure how much I want to blame the current programming as it took me a while to iron it out and land on the 5/3/1 style progression for the main lifts that I'm currently employing.

No comments: