Monday, September 28, 2015

Overheads

BW - 213

Press -
BarX15
65X5
85X4
95X3
115X1
105X14, 5

DB Bench -
50sX15
55sX14

DB Curls - 30sX12, 12, 10, 10, 8
super-set with
Bench Dips - BWX20, 20, 20, 20, 20

105X14 is a good sized, all-around PR.  My previous best standing with this weight was 105X10.  Last month I did this seated, but I find seated pressing to be slightly easier because the first rep starts at the top instead of the bottom, and I'll often hit a weight/reps PR seated before I hit it standing.  On to 115 for reps next week.

This all also seems to show that the standing front press isn't particularly magical for me.  Before this session, I'd done this lift exactly six times since December '13, and hadn't used more than 85 lbs. any of those times.  But with lots of Inclines and a fair amount of PBN, I can come in and set a big PR on the Press, and even have my Bench be in good shape after a year away because of the shoulder injury.

Anyway, my shoulders were on fire after the Press PR.  I went to do a 3rd set of DB Bench, and my shoulders said, 'Nope.'  No pain, just no oomph.

Had enough oomph for Bench Dips, though, and 5X20 gave me zero pain.  I'll talk to my P.T. this week about what's next.  Hoping I get cleared to start doing full dips again, but maybe he'll want to wait and see how the shoulder handles some heavier weight on flat bench or something first.

No comments: