Friday, November 14, 2014

Reps and Volume. Week 9. Deadlift

BW - 209

Deadlift -
135X5
185X4, 4
225X3
275X2
315X1
335X2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

RDL - 185X15, 15, 15

Chest-Supported Rows - 90X15, 13, 11, 10

Single-Leg Curls - X15, 15, 10

Made a mistake on my notes for the day, and only thought I needed 14 reps at 335, but it was supposed to be 16.  Oh well, I could have gotten another set, and I was planning on staying at this weight next week anyway and just upping the reps-per-set.  Might like to start working toward 4X4 at this weight before moving up again.

Been awhile since I was able to fit in RDL.  The reps and volume were there much stronger than the last time I was doing these regularly.  That's a little surprising because my top end Deadlift strength has been off, and I thought it was because I hadn't been getting heavy hamstring and glute work in, so now I'm not sure.  The one caveat here is that I didn't have any chalk today, and so I strapped up for these.  It's possible that grip strength may have been limiting me on these more than I previously thought.  Regardless, as long as I'm pulling a bunch of volume sets on DL, I don't see any reason not to stay with straps for these for awhile and make sure I'm really getting the most work on the back of my legs.

Rows felt stronger, and single-leg curls continue to suck all the ass.

No comments: