Monday, October 6, 2014

Reps and Volume. Week 4. Deadlift

BW - 197

Deadlift -
135X5, 5
185X4
225X3
275X2
315X1
365X1
305X3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2

RDL -
185X12, 12, 10

BB Rows -
175X6
155X7
135X8

Single-Leg Curls - X20, 15, 12 (ascending weight)

Tough session at a big-box gym.  Stop-Sign shaped plates are the worst for Deadlifting.  Nevertheless, I target triples with 305, and 17 total reps, and I got them.

I was planning on using this commercial chain as my "away" gym for the next couple of months while I rehearse and perform a new show, but the bastards tried to pull a bait and switch on me.  I called them on Monday and told them I was looking for their monthly rate.  They said they didn't have one, but they had 2 months for $70 total and no sign-up fee and that I could use the membership at any location outside of downtown.  That would have worked great for me because they have locations near the rehearsal space and the performance space, and two months would have covered me through the run of my show.  Like I said, that was on Monday.  I went in on Saturday to sign up, and they said, "Oh, that deal ended in September."  Ohhhh-kay, well what's available now?  "The best we can do now is $49.95 to sign up, then $39.95 a month."  So, that's $130 for 2 months as opposed to the $70 you told me on the phone (and didn't mention it would run out a day after you quoted it).  "I guess if you want to think of it that way."  Well.  Here's my $15 for a single day rate, and I will find someplace else for the future.

Anyway, I may try to do without an "away" gym this time around.  If I Squat and Deadlift on the same day, and alternate which one is heavy each week, I can probably get by doing that at my regular gym on the weekend, and just doing Upper-Body Body-Building stuff at the office gym during the week.  It's not like I can Bench heavy with my shoulder anyway.

No comments: