Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Conditioning. Week 2. Hill-Sprints

Hill-Sprints - 10 sprints

Despite the 20+ minute walk to the hill, and some mobility work, the adductor strain that began with the Death Sprints of last Thursday, and escalated with Squatting on Sunday, lashed out violently against me on these sprints.  I tried to push through, but only managed 10 sprints, lopes really, in about 17 minutes. 

I was fairly afraid that I would wake up this morning hardly able to walk, but the pain has abated a great deal and with no pain medication.  I believe the long walk back from the hill, plus a healthy walk later in the evening to meet some friends may have helped. 

Obviously, I will now have to hold off on any running for the next few days.  Today was going be an off/walking day, and I may still walk.  Tomorrow was supposed to be my chance to get the flat sprints right on distance and intensity, but that is completely out now.  I will do some walking today and tomorrow, an upper body lifting session on Thursday, and then I will see on Friday or Saturday, after more walking and mobility, if a light jog seems do-able.  This sucks, but what can you do?

No comments: