Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Higher Reps. Week 4. Bench

BW - 209

Bench -
BarX20
95X5
135X4
155X3
185X2
195X3

CG Bench (no leg drive) - 165X8, 4, 4

Bench (flat back, no legs) - 135X8, 6, 6

DB Press - 35'sX15, 13, 12, 10

Dips -
BW+25X11
BW+25X6, BWX10 (drop-set)
BWX12
super-set with
DB Curls - 30'sX10, 13, 16

Half intuition and half rational thought led me to decide I've been spending a bit too much time and energy on Incline, when possibly more flat benching would help my...flat bench.  I've been doing close-grips with my regular set-up but no leg drive as my back-off sets for a few weeks.  Today I decided to scrap the Inclines for a while and do some more benching with my normal grip, but with a flat back and also no leg drive.  I just don't think it can hurt to spend more time working the actual pressing muscles with variations in a plane closer to the actual lift.  Since I'm pushing for reps and not weight on the bar in my programming at this time, the weights are a bit lighter and so I don't require as much technique to complete lifts.  We'll see how it goes.

DB Press was a lot stronger without the Incline sets before it, and Dips felt strong as well.

Skipped abs again.  May need to switch out Ab Wheel for something new, just to make it seem less dreadful.


No comments: