Sunday, December 25, 2011

5/3/1 Log: Cycle 2. Week 3. Bench and Squat

Defranco's Simple-6 and Agile-8

Bench -
BarX10
95X5
130X5
150X3
165X5

Squat -
BarX5
135X5
185X5
210X3
235X2

Chins - BWX5, 7, 5, 5, 4 (Gym BW 202)


BB Split Front-Squats - 85X8, 8, 5

Push-Ups - BWX10X5
super-set with
Face-Pulls - 4 sets of 15, final set of 22

Bench felt a little heavy, but 165 is a 5 Rep PR.  Good enough.

Squats are still rough with the TFL strain.  Moving my feet in has helped, but that stance may have a lower strength ceiling for me.  As long as I keep my feet in and KEEP MY KNEES OUT the TFL is OK.  Gotta keep the knees out, though.  Also had trouble staying off my toes.  Almost had a couple of GM's on my hands.

I think at this BW, weighted chins are out for now.  I should probably mix in Pull-Downs and consider chins my heavy lat movement for the 2-day split.  I thought breaking them out of a super-set would get more reps, but clearly my BW increase has outstripped my strength increase in this movement.


Goddamn but I hate single-leg movements.  Which is why I keep doing them.  Ugh.  I switched to a cross-grip after the first set.  Much more comfortable than last time I tried it, and much easier on my wrists than regular front-grip at this volume.  Rep PR and projected 1RM increase on these, btw

I super-set push-ups with face-pulls.  This seems fine.

I forgot to do the core circuit.  What is my problem with that besides the obvious "I hate it?"

No comments: