Saturday, December 3, 2011

5/3/1 Log: Cycle 2. Week 1. Squats

Defranco's Agile-8 +ankle mobility

Squats -
BarX10
135X5
160X5
185X5
210X8

BB Front Split Squats - 65X8X3

Front Squats - 105X5, 8, 8

210X8 is a rep PR for the Squat, and projects to an increase 1RM.  All with a cough, runny nose, and crappy medicated feeling.  Not to shabby. 

Had a weird accident though where my phone got caught between my hip bones and my abdomen descending on the last set, and kind of bruised or strained the area or something.  Was initially worried I'd strained something in my abdomen, or even a hernia, but I don't think so.  Treated it with ice and heat after I got home, but still feels tight as hell when I stand up to walk.


Upped the weight successfully with the split squats as well.  Cool.

Started running out of gas on the Front Squats.  Had to suck it up to get my reps on the last two sets after failing on the first.

Out of gas, and sore hip led me to forgo both the core circuit and incline sprints.

No comments: