Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Chins, Front Squats, Triceps

sRPE @6.5
BW - 223

Chin-Ups - 
-    Avg. Band Under Foot - X5, 5, 5, 3, 3 @7.5/8
-    Long-ROM Partials - BWX5, 4, 3, 3 @~9

Front Squat - up to 225X1 @9

BW JM Press - BWX12, 10, 10 @8.5/9.5

Since I'm doing the Long-ROM partials on chins, thought I'd try out a few weeks of band assisted.  See what happens when I come back to regular chins if I do "overload" variations for both the top and bottom of the ROM for a while.  Might do under foot for a few weeks and then switch to under knee.

According to my logs, this is the first time I've done Front Squats since September of '22.  Also, apparently this is a 1 Rep PR?  I had no idea at the time, but apparently my previous heaviest Front Squat was 205X2 in 2015.  I haven't done this movement regularly since then, and I usually did it for higher reps.  Still nice to get a PR while doing ~2X weekly training.

No comments: