Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Block 2 (Accumulation). Cycle 1. Day 1.

BW - 212

Squat - 225X8, 8, 8 @6

Tempo Incline Bench 2-2-0 - 105X5, 5, 5 @6

Tempo BB Row 0-2-0 -
100X8, 8 @~7
95X8 @8

Low back pain seems all but gone, and gave me no issues on day 1 of this block.

While this is conceived as an accumulation block, I'm starting off with good 'ol 3 sets across.  As I've been struggling with injuries for so long, and had so many pivot blocks, I want to make sure I easy myself back into both volume and intensity on the big movements. 

Squat felt better than it has in a long time as neither my back, nor my quads gave me any issues here.  Focus was on very controlled reps.

Tempo incline topped out at a lower weight than I would have expected, but I've never done these before.  I took a moderate grip, but nevertheless triceps began fatiguing very quickly.  I originally conceived everything in this cycle to be 3X8, but it became clear on the warm-ups on these that the tempo was hitting me hard and fast, and so I called an audible to do these for 3X5 so that I could keep relative intensity a bit higher.

Rows paused at the top are also fairly new to me, and the weight was hilariously low.  I'm only doing a 2-day cycle this time around, and I'm a bit nervous this movement could be too light in relative intensity for a DL accessory.  However, coming of a 2.5 week low-back strain, I wanted to kick off with something that would put low intensity tension on the low back to "test" it.  Hmmmm.  We'll see.

Video is all of final sets.



No comments: