Tuesday, October 2, 2018

HLM. Week 10. Day 1.

BW - 222

Leg Press - 200X8, 8, 8, 8, 8 @ ~8

High-Incline Bench -
150X5, 5 @ ~9
142.5X5, 5 @ 8

Chin-Ups - BWX3, 3, 3

Chest-Supported T-Bar Row (neutral grip) -
100X6 @ 9.5
75X8, 8, 8 @ ~8

Threw my back out right before I left work for the gym.  Lately, I've been shrugging off back spasms within a few hours.  This one was really bothering me, though.  Went to the gym and tried to Squat.  Worked up to 185X1.  I took 225 out of the rack and it hurt pretty bad so I re-racked it.  Waiting a minute, and took it again.  I got it for a single, but the pain was too distracting to maintain, and the intensity was too low to be useful for training.

The regular leg press was occupied, so I used this antique one in another part of the gym.  I was about 3 sets in when I realized I'd forgotten the gym has a belt squat.  Whatever.  If my back is still giving me trouble on Wednesday, I'll try it out. 

Inclines went okay, and chins were fine.

Didn't want to even try to mess around with bent row, so I used the chest-supported T-Bar.

Back pain sucks.  No video.

No comments: