Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Maintenance / Rehab Block. Week 5. Day 1.

BW - 225

Feet-Up Bench - 220X3, 3, 3

Pull-Ups - BWX6, 4 (10 total reps)

Pull-Downs (supinated) - X10, 10, 10 (straight-weight, + "5 lbs." from last time)

Hammer Curls - 35sX12, 10

First day back from our annual camping trip.  Was itching to Squat, etc. again, but decided to keep playing it safe.  Thinking I'll still play it by ear a bit until after July 4th since that holiday will throw some more chaos into my schedule.

Feet-up bench still moving pretty well as long as I make sure my hips and shoulders are well centered on the pad.  Bench is probably the first movement I will try to come back on as my adductor heals ups.  I feel like I can just stay in this progression and put my feet on the floor for more power.  So maybe I go for 225 for 3X3 this Friday as my return to full power bench, and then progress back up from there.  It looks like I don't have a 3X3 PR recorded for Bench.  235X3X2 is probably the closest, so that would put me in striking distance on that.  And I would be adding a true Volume Day back in at that point as well, I believe.  May need to think on that a bit more. 

Pull-Ups felt very strong once again.  1 more rep than last time in the same number of sets.

Also got all 3X10 with more weight on the pull-up machine for supinated pull-downs.  These were definitely a couple of all out sets to get there.  Expect to hit a wall next time.  Or not.

Also got 10+ on both sets of Hammer Curls, so will add weight to those next time. 




No comments: