Monday, June 4, 2018

Maintenance / Rehab Block. Week 1. Day 2.

BW - 226

Press - 135X5, 5, 5

Pull-Ups - BWX3, 2, 2

Pull-Downs (supinated) - X10, 10, 10 (straight-weight; +5 "lbs.")

Hammer Curls - 30sX12, 12

So, I went to my P.T. before the training session today to get my hip looked at.  He didn't like how pain was being triggered during one part of the assessment ordered an MRI.  Got that scheduled for the middle of this week.  Could just be tendinosis in the left adductor, but he's concerned that there may be some impingement or damage in the hip now. 

TL;DR = no Squats, Deadlifts, or full power Bench (i.e. w/ leg drive) until this gets sorted.  I was already planning a maintenance block due to recent and upcoming schedule difficulties, so at least I had a bit of a plan in place.

Press was okay today, but has just been feeling heavy recently.  That probably won't get better during the maintenance block, and I will likely be dropping reps down pretty quickly here.  Last set shown.

The plus side is I can hammer Chin-Ups and chin-up accessory as hard as I want during all this (maybe I should bring dips back too?).  Doing the full Andy Baker 2-day split for this period. 

Haven't done pronated pull-ups in a long time.  Pretty darn hard.  Decided to stay at 3 sets to start, and do my usual thing of getting more reps in each subsequent session regardless of how many sets it takes.  Similar to Chins, I'll look to cap these at 25.  I guess?

Was able to add weight and/or reps to the assistance movements.  Whatevs.

No comments: