Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Maintenance / Rehab Block. Week 2. Day 1.

BW - 226

Bench (Feet-on-Bench) - 205X5, 5, 5

Chin-Ups - BWX8, 5, 5, 4, 2

Pull-Downs - X8, 6, 5 (straight-weight; +5 "lbs." from last session)

BB Curls - 50X10, 10

First time doing Bench with my feet-up, so technically a PR.  Didn't get any trouble out of my hip doing them this way, so should be good for the time-being.  Went in prepared to start with 185, but could tell it was going to be more than that.  Used 185 as my last warm-up, then jumped up to 205.  Felt about right.  Not easy, but felt confident not calling for a spotter (safety bars on the bench I used).  No video.

Chin-Ups felt pretty strong out of the gate.  Getting 5 reps on set 3 isn't consistent yet, but is getting more common.

Upped the weight on the pull-downs and definitely exceeded some threshold, dropping from 10 reps per set down to this.  Shooting for 8-12 on all sets so I'll back off 10 "lbs." (who knows what the actual resistance is on these machines), and see if I can get 12 reps per set and work my way back up.  For some reason, getting into position on this machine was lighting my hip up a little bit.  WTF.

Got 2X12 last time on straight-bar curls, so went up to 50 here.

No comments: