Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Maintenance / Rehab Block. Week 4. Day 2.

BW - 225

Press -
130X5
135X5
125X7

Chin-Ups - BWX8, 5, 5, 5, 4

Pull-Downs - X8, 6, 5 (straight-weight, +"5 lbs." over last week)

BB Curls - 50X12, 12

Training day before a camping trip.  Decided to play around with RPE a bit (shhhhh, don't tell).  Was going to to shoot for 3 sets of 5 @ RPE 7, 8, 9.  Regular programming called for 142.5 for 3X5, so I was targeting that for my final set.  That ended up shooting me in the foot a bit.  125X5 felt a bit heavier than expected.  I jumped to 130X5 hoping for an @7, but it ended up being more of an @9.  Went up to 135, and it was just about a limit set.  Not sure what the take-away is.  Either it was a bad day, and I wouldn't have gotten the 142.5 for sets across even though I got 140X5X3 last week, or the additional volume of warm-up sets being all 5s generated enough fatigue to limit performance at higher intensity.  Probably the only real take-away is that I made a bunch of changes at once, and now I can't determine causality. 

Chin-ups went well, though.  More total reps in the same number of sets.

Upped the weight on pull-downs, and they really dropped off.  Will try that same weight next time.

Got to 12 on both sets of curls, so will up the weight next time.

No comments: