Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Greyskull LP. Session 9

BW - 229

Press - 137.5X5, 5, 7

Chin-Ups -
BW+20X5, 5
BWX9, 6

Squats - 345X5, 5, 5

1357.5X7 is a Rep PR on the Press.  Only needed 6 for a PR, but felt like I could strain and get the extra and I did.  Probably felt the need to do something like that because squats have been going so shitty, and I wasn't looking forward to having to do them today.

Chin-ups went pretty well.  Realized, I could start loading the warm-ups a little bit.  Did +10X2 as my last warm-up, and we'll see if that has any effect on the work sets going forward.  These weighted sets felt okay, and the BW sets felt pretty good.

Squats went a little better than previously.  I videoed every single set from the empty bar up.  Trying to make corrections all the time to keep back on my heels and get the bar path completely vertical again.  Mixed results.  The first set was hard and imperfect, but not as bad as they have been.  The 2nd set, while still imperfect form-wise, was probably the best heavy workset since before Thanksgiving.  Felt good going into the 3rd set, but shat the bed on rep #2, and barely recovered enough to get all 5.  But I feel like if the second rep had been better, I may have had enough in the tank for at least a 6th rep.  Video of 2nd and 3rd sets below.


No comments: